Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Friday 30 March 2012

Nine weeks until 3 Peaks day - Register today!

Hello everyone

I hope you are all well and have some wonderful plans for this coming weekend :)

For those of you who have registered for the 3 Peak challenge, I hope your training is doing well. 9 weeks sounds a lot, but in reality it is going to fly by in no time. Getting out to get the walks in is a little easier now the weather is improving, and off course been lighter longer on an evening also helps! As long as I have the strength to pick up my glass after in celebration - I'm happy with that....of course there are always straws available hee hee!

For those of you still undecided, think of all the positives you will garner from this wonderful challenge : a great feeling of well-being for not only raising money for charity, but awareness. Improving your own health and fitness through all your training, a toned up body, actively helping prevent certain cancers. The immense satisfaction that comes from completing a tough endurance event!

I am hoping that all available places are taken, it will not only have made this first annual event a massive success, but will ensure the event will be held again next year. So if you've been asking your friends and families to commit - get online now and book yourselves on it!.....the event has been opened and is been advertised on lostearthadventues.co.uk website too. It will be great to see you out on the peaks in the very beautiful Yorkshire Dales.

Although it has only been a couple of weeks since I stopped my cancer drug, I am already seeing improvements. It feels like the improvements are almost daily and it feels great! I cannot express how hard it has been to see and more importantly feel my mobility,flexibility and stiffness of my joints worsen on a daily basis. Not to mention the bone and muscle pains around my body. When I think back to this time 12 months ago - I was power walking 24-34 miles per week for my Walk the Walk London Moonwalk. So to go from that, to just about managing to walk around the supermarket is a tough place to be. It doesn't just frustrate on a daily basis - but it tears down your self esteem and confidence to really scary levels to be really honest. It's times like I've had in the last 12 months that makes you question everything you do, every action you take and every thought you have. But overall, I think I managed to stay pretty positive through it, I did have the odd day though, where even my cup half full attitude didn't cut it!

So the massive improvements I've had in such a short period of time are brilliant - I've been able to get back into the gym - not just once in a flood...but I went 3 days on the trot last week, I've been out walking Molly in the woods, I've been physically active everyday. I'm starting to already push myself more in the gym. I have such a long way to fight back to where I was 12 months ago when I had changed to my last cancer drug - but I'm very determined to get there as quickly as possible. I am still at this time suffering from fatigue, but I'm trying really hard to push through it. So now I'm off the cancer and cholesterol drug ( using diet and food to control the cholesterol level which is thought to be high from the side effect of the cancer drug ), I'm hoping the weight gain, fluid retention and bloating will all reduce or finish completely.

The swollen and stiff joints in various parts of my body are getting better all the time, I can now ( most days ) get myself out of bed without having to use the radiator to pull myself up, I can also get my socks etc on without having to struggle while sitting down to get them on. I really feel like the old me is on her way back!!. I know I have a really long way to go, but actually for the first time in a year know I can get back to where I was before. The hard work it's going to take doesn't scare me, it makes me more determined!

So if I still believe I can in 9 weeks, get myself fit enough to successfully complete the 3 peaks challenge, I hope some of you who are not sure, will take some inspiration from where I've been in the last 12 months and think....do you know what....I can - and I will!

Hope to see your names when you're registering on this blog!

Until next time

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment