Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Tuesday 18 December 2012

2013 Sponsored Endurance Challenge Announcement

Hello Everyone





So War on Cancer's sponsored endurance challenge of 2013 is -- climbing Ben Nevis! This challenge will take place on Saturday June 8th 2013. More details to follow.

 Anyone wanting to take up the challenge will have to pledge to a minimum amount of sponsorship raised. I of course hope that it will be greater than the minimum, but feel it is important to show a commitment to War on Cancer and the cancer charities it supports. War on Cancer will continue to support it's current chosen charities until after my Mount Kilimanjaro climb which unfortunately had to be delayed from 2012 to 2013  due to ongoing health issues.

I hope to see the regular supporters taking up this event, and hope that from your enthusiastic recounting of this years Yorkshire 3 Peak challenge that you have in inspired your friends and colleagues to think about taking up our new challenge. The  Yorkshire 3 Peak challenge was such a huge success, not only from the money raised, but the raised awareness of War on Cancer and cancer in general got a great boost from our first annual endurance event! I cannot thank enough the wonderful people who took part and made it such a memorable day.

I hope this new challenge is taken up by even more people, who doesn't want to say they've stood at the summit of Ben Nevis and the highest point of Great Britain?!!! Again this is a great way to motivate yourselves into getting some training in, I always hark on about the fact exercise is great for you and your body, it really is proven to help prevent certain types of cancer. So even if this new challenge isn't for you -- get out and exercise your one and only body!!

After another disappointing year on the health front for myself this year, and the disappointment of having to delay Mt.Kilimanjaro - one of the first challenges I set myself while still having my invasive treatments, I have re-set my challenges for 2013 and will try drive myself to achieve them as always ( it's never my lack of motivation and determination that stops me from successfully completing any challenges, that's for sure!! )

So my personal year of challenges will start with the Ben Nevis climb challenge on Saturday June 8th, this will be a great practice for Mt. Kilimanjaro in the Sept/Oct ( dates to be confirmed )which I can happily say my big brother is coming to do with me! And then finally in Nov myself and a few great friends and a couple of family members are going if we can get places power walk the New York marathon! - this will be for Walk the Walk uniting against breat cancer again. I already have a theme planned, and will tell you all about it once our places are confirmed!

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every person who has supported War on Cancer this year - thank you to all of you who have donated gifts for the tombola's, who have sponsored someone in the events have helped WoC raise awareness which is has important has raising money, helped encourage people to get out exercising and especially those of you who couldn't make the cocktail events which meant I HAD  to drink one or three for you all!!

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your unwaivering support of me and of course this blog WoC - without all of you none of this would be possible and I thank you from the bottom of my heart that you enable me to make my dreams of raising money and awareness a reality. Your support allows me to think of things we can all do together, to keep fund-raising fun for all of us.

A big thank you goes to our new friends Lost Earth Adventures and the owners Richard and Sarah, you helped make the 3 Peak adventure fun while being safe. I very much look forward to our future collaborations!

Please share the blog with , friends, family and work colleagues - help me get more supporters in 2013 who will happily spread the word. I will do a complete update of the blog over the holiday period.

Anyone know of someone/ a business who'd like to sponsor or adopt WoC for a year, please get in contact...hell if they don't want to sponsor WoC - I'm available ;)

Until next time
Tracy















No comments:

Post a Comment