Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Major event announcements shortly

Hello everyone

Wow - busy times at War on Cancer in the background! This is going to be such an amazing year ahead....this is the year that I will apply for charity registration, I'm so happy and proud to be at this stage after just over a 18 months of War on Cancer existing, for those thinking it's a long time, I have been fighting my own battles to get myself back onto my own two feet literally in this time too.

I am so very proud of the work from everyone who has had any involvement, from those taking part in the endurance events, the people who support in anyway they can, to those who have donated gifts for the tombolas, the volunteers for all the events, especially the car washes etc, and most importantly the people who dig deep into their pockets and sponsor the events...without all of you my dream of making a difference to those diagnosed with breast cancer wouldn't be able to happen. So thank you very much!

As I have announced on Sat June 8th 2013....the annual endurance challenge will take place, this year, I set Ben Nevis as the sponsored challenge. There are a maximum of 40 places available. I would love for you to come along and join in, anyone who took part in the 2012 Yorkshire 3 Peak challenge will testify to what a great weekend it was. So come along, challenge yourself and be able to tell your friends and family that you've conquered GB's highest mountain in the name of charity. You'll also be able to make new friends and have fun reminiscing about the days successful climb over a few beers and a BBQ! Come join the WoC family!

Like I've said, 2013 is going to be a very exciting time for WoC, big plans and big announcements to be made. A very generous proposal from a wonderful company we worked with in 2012....with very many more collaborations to come in the coming years.

I will be announcing the annual garden party in the next few weeks - where yes the cocktail bar will be back in action! I'll be asking if folks can donate a couple of hours to help with a car wash or two over the summer/ autumn months. And later in the year....I want to organise an indoor climbing challenge....it will be a team event, so you can gather your team mates together for a day of hard earned fun while we climb the equivalent height of a chosen mountain between us!....now that's not something you do everyday is it? If I'm willing to have a go....surely you can? I have no upper strength having had a fair amount of chest muscle cut away when I had my surgery for breast cancer and know I will find this very tough, but I still want to be part of a team, don't you? what a great day it will be!

For friends overseas who want to be involved in something for War on Cancer - you can always organise something in your hometown on WoC's behalf....the remit is always to have people involved and to have fun in whatever is going on!

So this is the year I get to do my Mount.Kilimanjaro challenge, I am very excited for this to be happening, and when the new website is launched I hope you may be able to dig deep and sponsor me on this truly special climb. Remember it is the world's tallest free standing mountain and I look forward to the challenge on behalf of cancer awareness. I have decided I will probably do a short daily video diary on this climb which I will upload to the new website on my return.

That brings me to the direction of War on Cancer - as first announced, £5000 when raised will go to both Walk the Walk and Clic Sargent cancer charities. After that, I and WoC will be looking closer to  seeing where money is best used. Funds will be split between supporting research, local Hodu's/ hospices and looking into the wellbeing aspect for those having treatments. Our commitment is body, mind and spirit and we will be looking at the best ways to achieve this after speaking to the experts to get their input into all of this....approaches for grants towards projects etc will be taken into consideration and grants given to aid those others fundraising to bring about the eradication of cancer for future generations.....together we can achieve this. This won't happen in my generation, but I'm confident as we carry on driving forward to achieve this goal together it will happen.

So over the coming year, many great things are planned to happen, charity full status, great events that hopefully will be well received and become annual events, more funds to achieve my ultimate dream of becoming a grant giving charity....and most importantly....a charity that always involves people having fun while taking part in events. To look after body, mind and spirit.....to keep emphasizing the importance of healthy eating and exercise in our fight against cancer. And finally but certainly not least....to keep showing how we can live full, exciting and challenging lives while surviving cancer..nothing is impossible, has Audrey Hepburn said :- "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible!"

So get out there, make a difference to someone's life, we can all make a little difference....Life is for living. Live life, no regrets!

Until next time
Tracy













  

No comments:

Post a Comment