Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Saturday 26 July 2014

Consult for pain in left side flank

Hello Everyone

Hope you are all enjoying the weather, and those of you in the UK - hope you're making the most of it!

An update after my consultation about the left side flank pain I've had for a couple of years.So we know I've had my gallbladder removed 5 weeks ago and hopefully that will put an end to the right flank and central pains I've had...so as I was told be the medical staff at the hospital I went back to my GP for a referral for this pain in my left side after they told me it definitely wasn't connected to the gallbladder issue. ( they think bowel issues )

I had my consult this past Thursday and it was actually with the consultant I'd seen about the same issues ( including the then undiagnosed gallbladder ) back in Jan 2013. Where I'd had a CT scan and ultrasound which had picked up nothing.....so was signed off with a "you'll have to just get on with it" kind of thing.

So the conversation starts with a So we meet again Tracy and my response of  yes, it would seem so - ha! I told him about the discovery of the large mobile gallstones and subsequent surgery ( he did look a little meek when I told him this.....big fail on his part there ) and then about the continued left side pain which is now a constant. It ranges from knowing it's there to dull or up to pretty acute, the continued bloating and all the other symptoms that go with it.

I told him honestly I am utterly stalled with it and after all this time would like to know what it is and would like it fixed if at all possible. We chatted about my 2 cancer scares this year and the other health issues that have marred yet another year.

He's decided a course of action which will start with a Colonoscopy. He's said it is unpleasant to which I said it's a means to an end for me....it cannot possibly be any worse than everything that's happened in recent years to which he agreed. He is in disagreement with the medical staff of ST.James and doesn't think it is bowel related, he said my symptoms aren't usual with bowel problems....but is going to start the investigation here.

He said if as he suspects the Colonoscopy comes back clear I will then have another CT scan to see if it shows anything up and if not then it will be a MRI scan....he said my symptoms could actually be from my back or specifically my spine. I guess time will tell. He said they have a duty of care to get to the bottom of it and will do whatever they can to reach a diagnosis......me? I say about bloody time! sheesh, it's been going on years!


I've told everyone I'm disregarding my 40's - they have been the pits so far, so much for life beginning eh lol!!

So anyway - it's been a long, painful at times journey to this point where they are seriously going to investigate, but at least it's now here and happening - onwards and upwards!




So back to some exciting news - Mount.Kilimanjaro is going to happen the beginning of February 2015!! - what a long complicated and frustrating journey this has been! Bec's, Ali and myself ( the three WoC muskateers ) are definite's for this....we have booked our time off work and are now looking into flight and climb prices.....this is no cheap challenge and is going to set us back in the region of £2000 each just for flights and the climb.....the hotel and any other excursions we do while there will be on top....so definitely a once in a lifetime thing!! Anyone else need to decide if this is something they still are interested and confirm their desire to join us on an epic adventure! We don't have time to be chasing around after everyone - you want to do this challenge....then contact me and commit!

So at today's exchange rate £2000 would be
$3330 US dollars - AUD 3520 - EUR 2480!

So a challenge that sees a major commitment to and a real desire to conquer the World's tallest free standing mountain at 19,340ft at that cost. Be we are all excited about this challenge and know it's going to be tough....but worth every single step up to the summit.

I want to thank Bec's and Ali here on the blog for not only wanting to come climb Mount.Kilimanjaro with me......but for always saying yes to any challenge I ask them about. Their continued support of my challenges and myself is something I'm eternally grateful for and love them both very much for. So a massive thank you as always girls!!

So on that happy note, I wish you all a great weekend.

Until next time

Tracy









No comments:

Post a Comment