Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Sunday 31 July 2011

War on Cancer BBQ a rip roaring success!

What a fantastic success the BBQ was. A whopping £436.10 was raised on the day/night!

I want to first thank my sister Caroline for turning her annual BBQ into a fund raiser for War on Cancer's Mt.Kilimanjaro 2012 climb for cancer. A massive thank you to everyone who donated to the day, whether it be food, gifts for the raffle and tombola or their time to attend.

Big thanks you's go out to Jeannie for her famous curry and rice...gone in a flash again this year! Joanne for flipping the burgers and sizzling the sausages. To Jeannie and Jackie for cooking the vegetarian chilli and to everyone else who donated food to the BBQ!

Big thank you to Becky ( Harry's mum ) for donating 2 litres of rasberry vodka to the cocktail bar....which were made into the now famous ( round our parts ) Frazzleberry and Blue Lesbian cocktails. A big thank you to my great niece Rayne and her helpers for running the tombola and sorting out the raffle.

And last but no way least.....everyone who attended and made the day/night a resounding success! Thank you for been generous and good sports buying cocktails at the bar ( ran by me ), spending money on tickets for the tombola and raffles and donating the gifts back!

It was a perfect day, a beautiful sunny day spent with old and new friends laughing and enjoying each others company and raising lots of money for my two chosen charities!

An added bonus for me? my sister in law Angela stopped by for a few hours on her way home back up to Barrow and my brother Neil came up from Plymouth to spend the weekend with us and support the cause! was a great day for sure.

Check out the gallery....photos from the event have been loaded! photos taken by Sarah, Jeannie & Jackie...thank you girls!

Thank you for reading...until next time!

Tracy

3 comments:

  1. Had a fab time Tracy thank you all your hard work behind the bar, the cocktails were awesome!! A well deserved success xxx lots of love Robyn and Rayne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to add special thank you`s to my after party cleaning fairies ,Patrick ,Angela,Gary (Bruce Trevor) and Shirley .It was no mean feat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
    Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete