Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Friday 6 July 2012

Moving WoC forward positively and the upcoming event

Hello everyone



It's been a while since I last updated, and here's a vision that makes us think of balmy sunny days...but because it's the UK, the truth is we are stuck in a wet miserable summer again. It seems the odd sunny day we get through summer are few and far between these days....so we must go make the most of them! This photo was taken at Lyme Park where I had taken a visiting Australian friend who was on the trail of everything Pride and Prejudice....a massive fan of Jane Austen's novel is our Merryn!, we were lucky, there was a thunderstorm we drove through on the way there, but the sun broke through to shine on us that particular afternoon!

The money from the 3 Peak challenge has not all been collected yet, but I will update the fundraising thermometer and write a blog about it when I have a final figure for you all.

On a really positive step forward for War on Cancer - by the end of next week, it will have it's own bank account as well as it's own Paypal account. It will be totally independent and this is a great step forward to realising my dream of registering WoC as a charity in it's own right. Some of you may thing this is taking forever, but I think it's important to pave the way slowly, to understand that War on Cancer is only just one year old, and it and I are still on a learning curve. I'd rather iron out the issues and events before submitting it for charity status. But watch out folks when I get to that point....I'll be plaguing everyone to death for corporate sponsorship, people to adopt us for a year, a patron, ambassadors.....you name it!! War on Cancer will be reaching for the sky to raise money and awareness to new dizzy heights.....to help support individuals and their families through the tough months of treatments and the uncertain years immediately afterwards.

My thoughts and prayers go to a family member who has just being diagnosed with cancer, I am here to try and help you in anyway you want or need, to listen to you, to try and explain some of the things likely to occur in the coming months, anything I can help with, I'm there for you. I send positive thoughts and massive hugs to you. Also to a dear friend who has just had the devastating news of secondary cancer from her original breast cancer - you can beat this my love, I know you can...you roughy, toughty Yorkshire lass!! positive hugs and love to you and I am here whenever and if ever you need me too . Love to you both, and please try to stay positive through the unknown and sometimes daunting times ahead...it truly helps xxx

Well we'll hope for better weather than we are having right now! - Saturday July 28th see's the annual garden party at my sister Caroline's AKA....The Pink Palace! the food theme this year is Tex Mex...and if you want to truly get into it, you could always dress up to match the food theme!!

We hope to see you there in great spirits looking forward to fun and laughter. Bring a beer or two with you, then later if you fancy...you can come visit me at the cocktail bar for a drink or two! Anyone with unwanted gifts they'd like to donate for the tombola will be gratefully accepted. I f you cannot drop them off, contact me or Caroline and we can arrange to come by and collect. Thank you for your continuing support of out tombola's!!.

I saw my bladder consultant last week, and he has decided to try sort out and relieve my issues through some surgery. It is a day surgery under general and will take place later this month. I really do hope this works as I have been having issues/infection symptoms for coming up two years this September. So to have some relief from it all will be bloody marvelous!!

So I am to have a rigid cystoscopy, bladder distension, biopsies and internal botox injections. I find it really strange that people have botox injections to firm up the wrinkles etc....yet used internally, it will relax the walls of the bladder!!. Here's hoping this does in fact give me some relief after all this time!!

So please remember to wear sunblock out where ever you go! and in the UK if we ever get a sunny day, please be sensible and use it. It only takes a few minutes to put it on, go on, don't be silly, protect yourselves from the sunrays!!

Until next time

Tracy




No comments:

Post a Comment