Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Monday 17 September 2012

Charity car wash was fun

Hello everyone
Sunday's car wash was fun and certainly much warmer than the one we last held in February this year!

Thank you to all the volunteers who gave up part of their Sunday to come help and support, so thank you Stuart, Jane, Andrea, Caroline, Robyn and Rayne. It was in actual fact very quiet, at first I thought it must have been because we were doing it on the Sunday instead of a Saturday....then we remembered it was actually the beer festival in nearby Saltaire ( World heritage site ), we joked saying we should have set up in the centre of Saltaire - business would have been booming!

Regardless of the fact it was quieter, we still had a good few hours and lots of fun to boot!.... my sister Caroline has been banned from controlling the hosepipe has her skills only covered drenching her fellow volunteers more than the cars!! We raised a nice £94.00 from the car wash and a further £20.00 on two T-shirts my cousin Andrea ordered. So all in all a tidy £114.00 raised on the day. This had taken the total raised so far to just over £4500.00 - very pleased with the ways things are progressing.

I will keep checking the weather in the next month - and if we are due a good weekend and enough volunteers are available, I will try fit in another before it gets too cold.

I am going to look into a winter indoor endurance team challenge - probably around November - this will be a good fun day, probably very tiring, but will be a massive achievement for those who wish to be part of something just a little bit different. I will check it all out and get back to you....but I guarantee, it will take the whole team playing their part for it to be a success.

I'm thinking with professional help of course - if everything including costs can be agreed ( hopefully Lost Earth Adventures ) - an indoor climbing sponsored challenge - please friends around the world - see if you can do the same local to you, set up a team and do the sponsored challenge on the same day - and we'll compete for the fastest time or something to become War on Cancer's World Champions!! we can make it and annual event - see which team rule supreme - just because you are not here doesn't mean you cannot mirror some of the events if you feel passionately enough about what War on Cancer is all about.

FEEDBACK FOR YOU ALL WOULD BE REALLY NICE - LETS SET UP AN INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE - War on Cancer and I would love that very much!

Okay the indoor winter sponsored challenge I'm going to look into is a team challenge ( hopefully taken up around the world in aid of and the name of War on Cancer - is Climbing the equivalent height of Mt. Everest in a day! - I will check out the costs and logistics of this and of course the minimum amount of team members  required for this challenge. I hope you feed back to me about this crazy fun idea - how many people will ever be able to say they along with their team members climbed the height of Mt. Everest in a day!!

Get back to me please and let me know if you would be interested in this great challenge - especially our friends around the world - I would love for it to happen elsewhere too!

Okay, until next time
Tracy








No comments:

Post a Comment