Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Thursday 30 May 2013

Further update to money raised on Shave Day!

Hello everyone

We have had more money donated since I announced the total raised for Shave Day - it is now a FANTASTIC £979.52! wow I cannot thank you enough for your generosity. That is a really amazing amount of money.

I thanked Jarrod after and he said he was glad to have been able to a bit to show his support. And once again I thank you all who donated for doing your bit. It means a great deal to War on Cancer and I can promise you it will mean a great deal to those suffering cancer whom it helps.

We are working very hard in the background for various events, not just the Zumba ( which is going to be such fun!! ). We are looking to trying to secure sponsorships for WoC of all levels, and are trying to secure things to put goodie bags together for all the participants for the Zumba.

I will keep you posted on any and all progress regarding sponsorship and any other great news!

Here are some more photos from Shave Day....you will be able to view them in an album on the new website, in the meantime check out a few more here.....or go to the War on Cancer facebook page to see them in sequence.






I'm getting very excited about Ben Nevis --it really is finally nearly here! So June 8th we will be climbing "The Ben" for War on Cancer. I've decided to stay quite a way from Ben Nevis, over at Oban...it's about a hour drive but I think it will be worth it. Hope fully we will get some decent weather ( deserve it after the weather we got for the 2012 Yorkshire 3 Peak  challenge! )

The plan is to relax on Sunday, stretch the legs....try and get a boat trip in to see the Seal colony, hopefully some dolphins, porpoises and if I'm really lucky....maybe a basking shark! - whatever happens camera will be at the ready!

I've started checking and planning my Mount.Kilimanjaro climb for War on Cancer this coming September. I am beyond excited with this, especially after having to delay last year. I will start posting out for about this after Ben Nevis.....going to try for loads of sponsors for Mount.Kili - was hoping the new website would have been up and running and could have showcased it more.

It will be pretty sad to achieve such a feat and only raise a little money for War on Cancer -- anyway still time to crack on. So Ben Nevis will be a nice little warmer for the big one this year. 19,340ft of it!

I will start putting up so Ben facts over the next few days.

Until then
Tracy 




No comments:

Post a Comment