Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Sunday 5 July 2015

six years cancer clear since diagnosis

Hello everyone


So I have reached six years clear since my cancer diagnosis on May 19th 2009...this of course feels fantastic and adds to what is turning into a fabulous year in the last recent ones. Another year to celebrate been cancer free, getting back to what is probably my best fitness level I'm ever going to achieve again in my life with all the adjustments I've had to make to my life because of other illnesses I now have. Coming to terms with my life adjustments, finally been well enough to take on My Mount.Kilmanjaro challenge set back in 2010 while recovering from my chemo and pneumonia and conquering it.....having the adventure of a lifetime in Tanzania. Meeting and making some wonderful friends out there in Africa, seeing the amazing animals on safari, animals I've always wanted to see in the wild. Knowing we made everyone laugh with our humour and fun outlook on life.

I posted these pictures on my Facebook, and it's amazing how a few years can make such a difference. The one below not long after my chemo was stopped early and beginning the long road of recovery after my bout of pneumonia and a collapsed lung. Still having three weeks of daily radiation therapy to go through




To now - having fought my way through all the treatments, side effects and issues with the cancer prevention drugs that I stopped three years early. Having got fit enough after five to six months of hard slog and training to complete the London Moonwalk back in 2011.....and all the frustrations and knock backs health wise that saw my Kilimanjaro challenge finally achieved this February five years on. 


And I never take life for granted, I wake up and every morning I'm really grateful for an extra day to go off and fill with fun, laughter great friends and family. To go out and take in the beauty that surrounds me....go off working hard and enjoying every second of it. Knowing every single day is a bonus and really appreciating what that means. Enjoying my time getting to know Emma and looking forward to where it goes....enjoying our journey of discovery together. A new adventure to absorb, to live and it feels great. I really didn't expect this to ever happen again in my life and I'm loving it!


We never know what life can throw at us, but I've said before you have to just go with it....some of it will be good and some bad, but whatever it is, we are still here and we can make the most of it regardless. We can still plan things even if they take a long time to achieve....it's the plans, dreams and challenges we have that drive us forward, drive us to pick ourselves up and grab them and life by the neck and shout....come on then give it your best!

Life is to be lived and not just to exist.....go make plans, challenge yourself with your own limitations and drive forward to achieve....you'll never regret it and will feel so proud of your accomplishments I guarantee.

Live your life to the fullest everyday!

Until next time
Tracy




 

No comments:

Post a Comment