Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Saturday 21 January 2012

Cracking on with setting up sponsored Yorkshire 3 peak challenge 2012

Yes on with setting up what I hope will be the first of WOC's annual sponsored Yorkshire 3 peak challenge! I know there are many endurance events out there that we can all take part in, by doing an endurance event, you certainly feel like you've accomplished something special....I know I did last year when I did the Walk the Walk London Moonwalk with my fellow team mates. The commitment starts straight away with all the training, but every ache, pain, sore and blister is more than worth it as you cross the finish line. Not only have you completed something epic, but you have raised awareness and money for a wonderful cause!

I think it is only right that as a Yorkshire lass we showcase some of what Yorkshire has to offer! If you're going to do an endurance event, why not do it in a wonderfully scenic part of the world! The Yorkshire Dales are very special. So not only is it around 25 miles, but we climb up Yorkshires three largest peaks, Pen-y-Ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough. It will be a very special accomplishment for those of us who take part and complete it...very worthy of a pint at the end is my thinking!

Details will follow shortly for those interested, there will be an entry fee for the event, this can either be paid online here on the blog or posted to me. Sponsor forms can either be posted to those who don't have access to a printer or e-mailed...whichever is best for you. I hope to see all of you there ready to kick the three peaks in the butt lol :)

This is a sure fire way of making me push on with my training, regardless of joint, bone or muscle pain....this is why painkillers were invented!....It will put me hopefully in good stead for Mt.Kilimanjaro this September. Nothing's a better motivator to getting back in or staying in shape than an endurance event. There is nothing surer than the fact I will give it my best, I don't plan on being beaten...not by the three peaks or Mt.Kilimanjaro in the Autumn.

I will post the details as soon as and then pester everyone, you know me...nothing if not persistent hee hee!

We are having our first event planning mtg Thursday coming...so more details should be following for the next few months fundraising events!

If anyone knows of a friends shop etc that would be willing to stock and sell the glow in the dark silicone bands on behalf of War on Cancer, I would be grateful if you e-mailed me.The e-mail link is in the challenges tab.

Until next time


Tracy x

No comments:

Post a Comment