Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Tuesday 27 August 2013

October sponsored Indoor team climb challenge

Hello everyone

Well here we are with our next challenge - this isn't for the fainthearted, it's a tough one, but will also be great fun. The event will take place on Saturday October 19th - this will be a full day event.

The venue is to be confirmed, but here are the rest of the details.

It is open to a maximum of 24 people, every participant must pledge to raise £100 minimum for War on Cancer.

There will be six people to a team and a experienced climb instructor for each team. I fully expect a bit of gentle team rivalry over the day.

But most importantly we will be collectively climbing the equivalent height of Mount.Kilimanjaro - that's a whopping 19,340ft! - this is a tough ask...but a worthy one, I'm positive with all the team backing and encouraging us along we can smash it!

This is a challenge that is a little different from the norm, something we can all contribute to as individuals and as a team of 24 we can conquer the height of the World's tallest free standing mountain.

I myself know I will find this really hard having had a lot of my chest muscle cut away when I had my breast tumour removed....but I will do my best and I will try my hardest to contribute as much as I can for this really exciting challenge.

The cost per person is £32.00 - this covers the entrance fee to the wall and the experienced climb instructors for the duration of the event.

Our climb experts are our great friends from Lost Earth Adventures who have accepted the challenge and are happy to be corroborating  with us again this year. We thank you guys and look forward to a day full of fun and laughter!

For those interested - remember it is limited places based on a first come basis. You can register your place by contacting me at waroncancer1@gmail.com with the following details :
Name, address and telephone number. - you can pay your entry fee here on the blog by pressing the Donate link.

Until next time

Tracy 



No comments:

Post a Comment