Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Big day personally for me tomorrow

hello everyone

Well everyone, I have been waiting for this hospital appointment for what seems like forever, I finally get to see a Rheumatologist, I actually feel sorry for this person because I'm expecting absolute miracles, even though I know that probably won't happen. I'm trying to reign myself in, but in all honesty, I know if he/she doesn't have more powers than Harry Potter I'm going to be extremely disappointed lol!

I have had so many problems over the last many months with joint, bone and muscle pains, I managed them for a long time, but they got really bad about last September - now those of you that know anything about me will understand how hard it has been for me not to be able to go work out at the gym! I have found this very hard to cope with, it's not just not been able to work out in the gym, hell I've had problems getting out of bed and getting dressed on a bad day!

So I am hoping to get good news tomorrow, at least steps to move my health and mobility forward, I of course have Mt.Kilimanjaro to climb this year, and failure of that really isn't an option for me, I will do whatever I have to do to ensure I reach the summit and stand on the "Roof of Africa"!.

It's so hard to get to the bottom of what are an increasing list of problems for me, this in itself can be very frustrating, and yes of course I have days where I question everything. One of my strongest traits is my ability to quickly bounce back to the positive ( nothing can keep me down for long ). I am now under three different consultants and the fact I'm on so many medicines causes lots of confusion. I feel like I'm in this continual downward spiral of having a side effect with a med?....throw me another med to counteract the problem.

No-one knows yet what is causing all the joint and bone pain, because I have at least 3 meds that can cause it through side effects, it's hard to determine. This is why I'm hoping tomorrow it will start to shed some light on everything, I have said I will when I have all the facts, make a decision as to whether I take myself off some or most of the meds I'm on. I have had mixed reactions to this, some very strong urging not to do it, however, I keep pointing out that quality of life is very important, and life at all costs just doesn't cut it for me. I know potentially what I may be risking if it comes to that....but a good quality of life is essential to me, I want to be able to go out and not only enjoy it to the full ( we all know my stand on life with no regrets ), but be in a position to push myself not just emotionally and mentally - but yes physically, this is really important to me.

So keep your fingers and anything else crossed that I get good news, I want to be able to get on with things now and crack on with my Yorkshire 3 peak training, June will arrive quickly and I don't want to be lagging behind!

Until next time

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment