Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Thursday 22 March 2012

Yorkshire 3 Peak sponsored challenge-registration opened up

Good morning to you all on this glorious spring morning!

I hope today finds you well and happy! I have opened up the Yorkshire 3 peak sponsored challenge, www.lostearthadventures.co.uk who are the company who are our mountain leaders and support on June 2nd have said they will advertise the challenge on their web-site too.

From War on Cancer's point of view it is really important to fill the limited places to optimise the fund-raising potential, this event will be the biggest single fund-raiser in War on Cancer's 2012 calender, so I want to make it count as much as we can.

For those of you who still say you are going to join us on this wonderful walk, all I can say is please get yourselves registered and entry fee's paid. I would hate for you to decide later that you are definitely up for it, only for you to find that all the places have been filled. So come along and have a tough but very rewarding day in the most beautiful Yorkshire Dales with me and like minded people who want to prove something to themselves while raising money for cancer along the way. You will feel on top of the world with your achievement of completing this endurance event.

We will be holding another charity car wash in April, I learned a lot from the first and we will have better and more visible posters advertising the event on the day. It was great fun and the weather will definitely be warmer for this one!

I have been prescribed some different painkillers for my joint/bone pain, so far they along with stopping my cancer drug have got me managing the pain better, so much that I had my first session in the gym for quite a few weeks! I am really happy about this and I will be back in there today. It's still early days, but I will see how I get on. I am waiting to start physio on my back, so hope that as that settles down I will be much better and be able to push myself harder in the gym, I have a lot of catching up to do.

So with that in mind, my plan is to get in the gym everyday for at least 30 mins cardio work and built up my time and endurance over the next few weeks.

As I said, I will be staying off my cancer drug for the next few month's to see if my joint/bone pain disappears or at least gets to a level where I can come off the pain meds altogether, I am becoming adverse to taking them and have to force myself some mornings. I have a real mental battle going on lol, it's hard knowing that some of these meds are for the rest of my life and this is because of the cascade of problems I've had from taking the cancer prevention drug. So the sooner I can get off some of them, and get my life back, the happier I'll be!

Remember it is still March recycling month, so contact me if you have anything you want to recycle..... unwanted gifts, old mobile phones or items for car boot sales.

It doesn't matter if you live far away from me, or even somewhere else in the world....you can still be part of War on Cancer, you can still support and fund-raise wherever you are. You can hold a car boot, or a yard sale,do a charity car wash, do an old mobile/cell phone collection and send them to a recycling plant that gives extra back for charity and after you've done whatever fundraising event.... bank the money in your account and then click on the donate button and add the money you've raised to War on Cancers coffers! Contact me on the blog, drop me a line about what you did to raise money for War on Cancer, how well it was received, did you all have fun etc and I will write a piece about it and you on the blog. All support worldwide is more than welcome, cancer crosses all borders and knows no boundaries, no-one is immune from the potential threat of this life threatening disease. Help me raise money to help with the task of eradicating cancer for future generations.

Thank you for all your support

Until next time

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment