Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Charity car wash this Saturday, 2nd fundraiser in two weeks

Hello everyone

The 3 Peak sponsored challenge is all set, the mountain guides are all paid up, and the food ordered at the pub. Anyone who is wanting a vegetarian option, please just tell them at the bar on arrival and your wish is their command!

I hope you have all had a look at your kit lists and have started getting yourselves organised?!! ( not that I've done anything myself yet ). Hoping for dry weather, so shorts and a t-shirt can be worn..but will cover all contingencies of course in my rucksack. I am really looking forward to this, even though I know I'm going to really struggle, believe me, I will give everything I've got to complete all three peaks.

Before that though, this coming Saturday War on Cancer is hosting another car wash. The bigger A2 posters have come back, a big thank you to the printing company for their generous refund of £10.00 off the bill because the posters are for charity. We will be once again at The Sun Inn at Cottingley from 11.00am. If you are passing and your car is in need of a clean....we will willingly clean it for £3.00!!! - what a flipping bargain!!

My eldest brother Graham is busy doing various events to raise money, he said he did a drinking one at the annual Army/Navy rugby weekend, he was solo and drinking from Fri eve until Sun eve...sadly the only thing he raised was a hangover....better luck next time big bro ;)

He completed the Keswick to Barrow 40 mile walk last weekend and has so far raised £250.00 for WOC...thank you brother!

And  for the second year on the trot May 25th- 29th he is cycling the 500 miles in 5 days challenge in aid of The Royal Navy & Royal Marines charity. For those who don't know my brother Graham served 22 years in the Royal Navy.Good luck on this epic ride, I know you will complete it!!!

He and many members of my family are signed up for the 3 Peak challenge. Thank to all who are involved in WOC , supporting events, posting the blog out there, donating and always giving encouragement...this is why I keep it going :)

Until next time

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment