Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Friday 31 October 2014

Getting some training in for Mount.Kilimanjaro

Hello everyone

Well tomorrow ( Sat Nov 1st ) will see the Kilimanjaro climb team Becky, Ali and myself off into the Yorkshire Dales to climb Whernside ( highest peak in Yorkshire ) and Ingleborough as part of our Mount.Kilimanjaro training, going to be a great day, we are all looking forward to the climb and catching up with each other.


Whernside is 736m or 2415ft and the highest peak in Yorkshire.



Ingleborough is 723m or 2277ft and the second highest peak in Yorkshire. Combined height of 4692ft. This will see us climb 283ft higher than Ben Nevis the tallest mountain in Britain.

So all in all will be a great training exercise, and to be fair - who wouldn't want to climb in the majestically scenic Yorkshire Dales!

I can't wait to see what my fitbit stats show after the climbs have finished! 

I've come a long way on my road to recovery from my first climb of Whernside where I was that ill I almost tumbled down the steep decent, while practically irrigating the moors with all the throwing up I did. After reaching the bottom eventually it saw me having to be driven back to Ribblehead in the support car - my 3 peak challenge finished off in the worst possible of ways - ill health stopped my challenge. It was actually 4 pm that day ( 6 hours total ) before I stopped been sick....rough, rough day indeed!

Since then I have climbed Whernside numerous times successfully and I'm really looking forward to combining Yorlshire 2 highest peaks together - this will be a really big indicator to where I am physically and more importantly how my stamina is doing. I still suffer from fatigue, but thankfully not to the level it once were. I have slowly and frustratingly chipped away at these issues that keep knocking me back and fingers crossed I've finally turned the corner!


So keep the three of us in your minds tomorrow as we set off on a 6-8 hour climb. It's forecast some rain...but it looks like it will be quite light.

Until next time
Tracy 








No comments:

Post a Comment