Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Saturday 21 April 2012

6 weeks today for 3 peak - reconnected with friends from yesteryear.


Hello everyone

Wow - it is in a fast approaching six weeks today that we will be doing our first annual Yorkshire 3 peak challenge. I am very giddy about it, but a bit nervous right now to be really honest. I have lost so much training  time due to not being able to train in the gym....my daily success was getting out of bed and getting dressed by myself some days.

I've got back into the gym ,and over the next weeks will do everything in my power to get myself as fit as possible for Saturday June 2nd. I look forward to having a post peak pint with those of you who are staying overnight in Ribblehead with us. I will probably need all of you to get me stood on my feet and help me over the  car next morning :) .

Time is running out for those of you who are still thinking about it, so if you do want to join me on a tough but very beautiful walk in the Yorkshire Dales....get yourselves registered her on the blog.

It's been a very positive week this week for cancer research, treatments and feelgood stories. As I posted, great breakthrough's for men's prostrate cancer and a brilliant new way of treating prostrate cancer, with an almost perfect result for most, and very little side effects that hopefully will be used throughout the NHS within 5 years. As for breast cancer - a breakthrough genetically - by highlighting at least 10 subgroups, this not only opens up new avenues for further research, but will also help in designing a treatment package for the individual based on the type of cancer. These two massive breakthrough keep moving in the right direction to hopefully cancer eradication in the future. And the Olivia Newton John is in the UK looking fabulous, healthy and active and a great positive for breast cancer sufferers - she is a 20 year survivor. A thing to be celebrated by all cancer sufferers. Congratulations to you Liv!



I have had a bizarre but wonderful week myself - I have been reconnected to quite a few of my old classmates from middle school ( 9-13yrs )...it's been like a whirlwind but utterly fabulous! Some of these friends I had lost contact with, were friends from first starting school. I have laughed a lot laughed at our old class photograph....we should have all been arrested by the fashion police. What were those fashions all about! So my  old school chums - Maggie, Coleen,Wendy Tony and Barrie, it's been great to see you all grown up, most of you with families of your own....wow that in itself is strange to see.....my head and my heart see two different things lol!....my head fully understands we are older now, but my heart when I think of you all, and I look at the class photo transports me back to being a kid again! I'm glad this opportunity came along....it's made me smile very much....so thank you all for not pretending I didn't exist lol!

Maggie and I were laughing about how do you try and condense 30 yrs of your life into a couple of paragraphs - it's crazy - it feels that if you don't, you may lose contact again and never have caught up in the first place. I loved every bit of this week, every tiny little bit of it....thank you friends of class 4 1979!!

Until next time

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment