Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Tuesday 4 October 2011

A happy Tuesday to you all!

Wow, where to begin, it's been a strange few days that's for sure lol!

First of all the Race evening never happened on Saturday gone, it was such a beautiful day that everyone took off after the rugby match to make the most of what was a hot and glorious day. Afterall it was Oct 1st and we know we aren't likely to see many more days like that this year. It in actual fact ended up been a good thing as what I first thought was a stress headache ( I was really nervous about this first Race event ) turned out not to be. I was repeatedly throwing up, my headache was raging and two of my very good friends took myself and Jeannie home. Thank you Sue giggly geek and the lovely Daz too!

So health wise, it's not been a great few days for me, but on the other hand it's been a smashing few days for War on Cancer! here's what's been happening in the background.

Firstly the Charity car wash is to be delayed until further notice as I have some red tape stuff to sort out ( at least now I know what has to be done to get permission to hold the car wash on council owned property )

Onto the good stuff now :)

The Big Xmas prize raffle has been launched, tickets are on sale and available for anywhere in the UK......so if you live outside of Yorkshire, please don't worry, contact me and I will sort it out..War on Cancer will post prizes anywhere on the mainland. Tickets are only £1.00 each and I wish everyone who buys a ticket the best of luck. This raffle will be drawn on Sat Dec 10th and prizes posted out straight after the weekend!

We have sorted out a limited number ticketed event to take place at the Shipley Club on Sat Dec 10th. There are only 60 tickets available for this event so if you are wanting a chilled fun night with food and a DJ to rock our night away, please get in touch quickly. There will be a luxury Xmas food hamper raffled on the night along with a Tombola. Dave is going to wax for cash!...ouch my friend, but WOC thanks you for this...I will have a pint and a pack of tissues ready for you by the bar!!....fancy ripping a strip off?...get saving your pennies for it!!

On the upcoming events page, you will see there is a show of what will be coming up over the following months, I hope you have a look and maybe you'll see something you fancy doing with us!

There are a million and one details to check out for this one....but one of the big War on Cancer events next year ( aside from actually climbing Mt.Kilimanjaro ) is a possible National Three Peak sponsored challenge! this event will carry an entry fee, details will follow...but if you think you are up to the challenge and will put in the proper amount of training, this could be the event for you. Through all the hard work, sweat and in some cases the tears, undoubtedly this is for many a once in a lifetime challenge that will stay in your heart forever. Whenever an endurance event is completed there are no words to describe that moment you cross the finish line, Me and my fellow Team L'Oreal London Moonwalk gals can attest to that having completed 26.2 miles through the night this May. This really is an event you will never tire of talking about! Please seriously consider it....if nothing else, it will help you get fitter and help loose the extra pounds we all gain over the Xmas period.

I am hoping this event is well received as I would seriously like to consider this for an annual event.

I have added another £16.00 to the total thermometer for some more sponsor money been handed in for the 3 legged. Still some to come in.I will keep adding it and informing you until I have the final figure.

The Ladies only night at the Ferrands will take place on Thurs Oct 27 th as we've mentioned before. War on Cancer will have a tiny space on the night selling the silicone bands, raffle tickets and a small selection of our t-shirts. I will also have a file with the various designs in....anyone who orders on the night will get free postage :)

Joanne and the Ferrands Arms, thank you for organizing the Ladies night,I am very grateful to you!!

Until next time ciao

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment