Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Friday 22 July 2011

Happy Friday

Happy Friday!

Happy to report our first sale in the shop yesterday! A random e bay shopper bought a charity glow in the dark band! we are officially open lol!!

This evening Caroline ( my sister), Maureen and myself are going around the pubs in Bingley to confirm we are ok to organize the 3 legged pub crawl in Aug. We hope that they all sign on for it ( sure they will with the wet sales they will get from it )...no-one said organising fund-raising events was easy....Gin & Tonic....I say, it's all tickety boo!

I got my cholesterol blood results back...mmm not the best as I said the other day, anyway my GP phoned to discuss my results and what the plan of action is. The result came in at 7.7, which is very high. It is believed my cancer drug is causing the elevation and so I will be going onto meds for it. My doctor said the meds will halve my cholesterol level quickly and thus take me out of the danger zone. He said however long they keep me on the cancer drug...be it 5 years or 10 ( I balked at 10 yrs! ) I will have to stay on the cholesterol meds to control it at an healthy level.

I won't lie and say I was ok with all this, I was pretty emotional about it all and discussed whether it was plausable to come off the cancer drug because of all the other things going on. He said they don't want me off the drug even though I have other serious illnesses that have developed since the cancer diagnosis.

I have to have my bloods rechecked in 8 weeks and then a consultation the week after that to check the drugs are doing what they should be.

Will keep you posted on the continuous medical drama that is my life lol!

Enjoy your weekend everyone
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment