Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Sunday 17 July 2011

Some Mount.Kilimanjaro facts.

Morning everyone!
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend,those of you in the UK, I'm sure you're not enjoying our lovely British weather. It is a fairly usual rainy summer day here in West Yorkshire, I'd load a photo for you all, but I don't want anybody sat in the sunshine feeling sorry for us Tykes!!

This coming Tuesday we will be having a meeting to finalize the BBQ, watch out peeps, I'm apparently the new Tom Cruise.....I'm running the cocktail bar! this is going to be dangerous for two reasons. 1. I tend to make drinks a tad on the strong side ( oops watch out ! ) 2. Been told not to try throwing the bottles about like in the movie as they do want to sell some drinks and make some money for the two chosen charities!....I have been warned 



Mt.Kilimanjaro is in Tanzania and is close to the Kenyan border.

It is the tallest free standing mountain in the world and is also known as the Roof of Africa, it stands at 19,340 feet.

Only around 40% of all attempts to reach the summit are successful and almost all failures are due to altitude sickness.

Mt.Kilimanjaro contains virtually every eco-system on earth,when climbing,it will take you through several climates and vegetative zones.

It is predicted that Mt.Klilmanjaro's plateau ice may be gone in the next 30-40 years, but the slope glaciers will remain much longer.

Ok off for now, I will be doing a piece on Clic Sargent in the next day or two. Stay happy everyone.

Until next time Thought I'd give some more facts about Mt.Kilimanjaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment