Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Sunday 13 May 2012

Three busy weekends coming up for War on Cancer

Hello everyone

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I went to the gym this morning, I was more than a little tired today, not been sleeping particularly well. I did my workout, but I must say with not the same level of enthusiasm as normal. I got back home and went out to clear the decking so I could power wash it, and low and behold the beautiful sight that was in front of me. These pictures shows what  lifted my spirits and soothed my soul. I felt revitalised.


 
What a sight for tired eyes indeed! I looked at this Rhododendron and the vivid pink flowers and felt my aches fade away. Right I was now ready for action!

War on Cancer has three busy weekends on the trot starting next weekend. On Sat May 19th We are hosting a Cocktails N Curry event at my home, hence the power washing of the decking etc!.. The day starts at 14.00pm until late. It is going to be a fun day with food, music cocktails and laughter abound. For a fantastic fiver...you get a choice of three curries, chicken, lamb or potato and dhal for the vegetarians, a couple of starts,a poppadom and a couple of chapati's.....now that's a bargain for sure!

 You bring with you, your choice of drink for the day and when ready, if you want, you can come see me at the cocktail bar..... I will mix you up one of six cocktails which are priced between £2.00 - £2.50!...I'm no Tom Cruise....but I can get by behind the cocktail bar ( I should hope so after last years charity BBQ event at my sister's when I did a 9 hour shift!! ) Here's the cocktails on offer to tempt you with ;)......
Mojito , Harvey Wallbanger , Frazzleberry , Strawberry Daiquiri , Vesper and Tickled Pinky!!... get your lips around one of those beauties. There will be Vodka jellies and shots also available.

Big thank you's to Jeannie and Sarah for cooking the curries, Jane for helping Jeannie with the chapati's. Bec for the Raspberry and Plum vodka's :)


The Sat after May 26th....see's us having a charity car wash. Again Mike has kindly donated the water and wash space down at The Sun Inn at Cottingley. We will be lovingly willing to wash your cars for a very fair £3.00!...We of course will willingly accept any donations :). This event will start from 11.00am until 16.00pm....at which time, the car wash team will happily drag themselves into the pub for a well earned pint!....at least it will be warmer than the one we did in February!! So please bring your dirty cars and we will happily give them a clean for you :)


 Well I don't know about you lot, but I am getting really giddy now, less than 3 weeks until the 3 Peak challenge! This will take place on the third weekend of events on the trot for War on Cancer. Sat June 2nd will see 25 of us hoping to complete the walk in around 12 hours. For those walking, we meet in the Station Inn pub at Ribbleshead Viaduct at 07.00am where we will have a breakfast buttie and hot drink before setting off on our 24.5 mile trek in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. On completion there will be soup and a sarnie waiting for you and of course your certificate to say you took part in WOC's first annual 3 Peak trek!. Thank you to our hosting trek adventure company Lost Earth Adventures who will be looking after us all day, we will have a mountain leader for every 10 walkers and a support vehicle in case anyone cannot complete the trek or is injured. The support vehicle will take you back to the Station Inn. For those of you staying over, I look forard to enjoying a Post Peak Pint with you ( although you may have to put a load of straws together to reach my drink if I cannot lift my arms up !! )

So a busy three weeks with a mixture of fundraising events, after each event we host, War on Cancer gets some new friends who support the cause, or in some cases me...either way I'm grateful as it all raises awareness :)

Until next time

Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment