Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Monday 5 September 2011

And we are off!

War on Cancer has sold it's first t-shirt!...it will be winging its way to Skye :) Lets hope this is the first of many! I am going back to the gym tomorrow after a weeks absence, I have just about recovered from my visit to the consultant last week.

I am hoping for a speedy appointment to have these new tests done, hope I don't have to wait too long...will love to get to the bottom of my more recent problems. Still not heard when they are going to sort out the twin that's grown on my eyelid, will phone the GP's secretary tomorrow.

I keep saying it, but I am definitely trying to sort out a fundraising mtg soon, really want to get a charity car wash in before the weather turns too cold ( don't fancy trying to smile while freezing my bits off washing cars lol ). We have to try sell a race night to the local pubs...this should go down well with the guys...both them and WOC come out winners...love a win-win situation :).

Dave hero Slater has told me we have use of a club his dad is vice chairman of...we will be able to definitely run a race night there with food laid on as well :)

This coming Sunday we are going to do a car boot, going to sell the charity bands as well. Hope we can at least get the gear out of the boot before people start rifing the bags!!...it's a bloody stressful thing doing car boots round here!

Do we think if we put flyers on car windscreens that we will get people turning up to the charity carwash? can't really afford to advertise in the paper...too expensive. My niece Robyn's best friend Caroline thinks there may be a chance of using her local pubs car park...which is fantastic...I'm just worried we won't get enough passing trade to make it viable...don't want to do loads of flyers/work for it to fail. Still thinking about options.

Hopefully the next time I write I will have lots of details of upcoming events!

Stay safe friends
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment