Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Sunday 11 September 2011

A moment to reflect on that the most atrocious of days.

Hello everyone.

Before I launch into the goings on of War on Cancer, I want to send my thoughts to all the innocent lives that were lost on this the most atrocious of days 10 years ago. 9/11 victims will never be forgotten and my heart goes to all the victims families as they try to carry on in some semblance of normalcy, which of course will never truly happen. 9/11 has affected a generation of people. I think through all the actions that have taken place in the last 10 years, we the majority have showed we will not give into acts of terror, the terrible loss of innocent people pulled us together and united we still stand.

Wow seems like I will have some very exciting news this week! I am going to phone the events manager of the Bradford & Bingley Rugby Club to organize for War on Cancer to hold race events. The club it seems are looking at a Thursday and Saturday on a weekly basis!! this over the next 12 months will be a good money fundraiser! this will be mutually beneficial for both WOC and the club. I will be totally honest....I am very excited at the prospect, but scared at the same time!! I will post event details after meeting and agreeing details this week...Hoping to sort it out Mon/Tues, with a view to starting Thursday this week. Happy times :) Come down, have a drink and join the fun!

Ok..... what have we got in the pipeline.....

Planning to hold a car boot next Sunday with items donated by you good folks. Anytime any of you have things you want rid of, just let me know and I will take it off your hands for a raffle or car boot. Will be looking at probably once a month for the car boots.

Going to see if I can sort out permission to use a council owed car park, if they say yes I need to sort out if we can get the charity car wash organized, will run off flyers and put them on car windscreens in the area to advertise the event....I already have some volunteers to help with the actual car wash!....will be great fun as well as promoting awareness and raising money.

Watch this space... in the next couple of weeks we will be doing a raffle that will be drawn 3 weeks before xmas.....the prize?.....a TV!!!...more details, promotional posters to follow...nice present before xmas I say!!

Still open to donations of odd/broken gold...this will be open all year and we will weigh in all donated gold for the cause...one ear ring for most people is of no use!...if you believe in what War on Cancer is all about, your donation will be gratefully received.

Will be writing to local supermarkets and asking if we can offer a packing service for donations. If any agree to this,I will post up details in the upcoming events page.

I will try to finalize details of the Ladies only event night to be held at the Ferrands Arms in October.... please keep checking with us!!

Lots of things going on to make raising my target of £10,000 pounds doable...I am confident this target will be smashed apart!

Again....anybody want to/know anyone who wants to advertise here for a fair donation? get in touch and you will get 12 months!...that's a great deal and you get the satisfaction of helping two very worthy cancer charities!

Until next time

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment