Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Thursday 31 January 2013

Juice detox day four

Hello everyone

I'm very happy to say the headache, earache and vomiting has passed. I felt much brighter today and I have to say I'm enjoying the juice detox. I've had a different juice each day so far and I've made up a new flavour for tomorrow.It's great to try the different recipes out there, not only for a mix of fruit and vegetables, but to taste the blend of flavours each different drink gives you. Everyone I've made up so far have a blend of fruit and green  vegetables and at the moment, I can't see it been hard to complete my two weeks before deciding whether to carry on for a further two.

As I've said, I have nothing to lose from trying this detox and everything to gain for my battered body and all the harsh treatment and med's I've pumped into it in the last few years. And light of my last year and the antibiotics I've been on for 11 months - the more nutrients, vitamins, minerals and compounds I can push into my system the better.

So I'm feeling good in myself, definitely not a drop in my energy levels and no hunger. I'm hoping now I'm feeling alright again after a rough couple of days that my energy levels will start increasing. I also have to bear in mind I'm still getting over day surgery last Tuesday - so baby steps all the way!

The ingredient I'm going to give some facts on today is the almighty spinach! this green leave vegetable is brilliant , so much so that I know why Popeye loved it so! - so here goes....

One cup of spinach will give you 20% of RDA of fibre - therefore aiding digestion and helping prevent constipation, it also helps maintain low blood sugar and curbs overeating. Flavavonoids, phytonutrients with anti-cancer properties are abundant in spinach and have been shown to slow down cell division in  human stomach and skin cells. Spinach has shown significant protection against the occurrence of  prostrate cancer.

Spinach plays an important role in the regulation of inflammation. Vitamins C and E, Beta - Carotene, Maganese, Zinc and Selenium found in spinach serve as powerful antioxidants that combat the onset of Osteoporosis, High Blood Pressure and Atherosclerosis. It has shown to effectively lower blood pressure.

It is plentiful in both of the antioxidants Lutin & Zeaxanthin which help protect the eye from cataracts. One cup of spinach contains 337% of the RDA of Vitamin A - this not only protects but strengthens the entry points into the body such as mucous membranes, respiratory, urinary and intestinal tracts, but also the key compound of Lymphocytes that fight infection ( white blood cells )

The high amount of Vitamin A in spinach promotes healthy skin by allowing proper moisture retention in the epidermis, thus fighting psoriasis, acne and even wrinkles! Vitamin K is a crucial component of the process called carboxylation which produces the matrix GLA protein that directly prevents calcium from forming in tissue. Eating one cup a day contributes to this process that fights Atherosclerosis, Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke.

The abundance of Vitamin K also contributes greatly to a healthy nervous system and brain function.

What you waiting for ? -- go get that spinach!

So until tomorrow, have a great and creative day whatever you get up to!
Tracy


















No comments:

Post a Comment