Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Juice detox day three

Hello everyone

This juice detox is a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I have to say, I expected to struggle much more than I have done. I still had headache and earache this am, although the earache had eased off a bit. I feel much brighter tonight and have to say I don't think my being off colour has anything to do with the detoxing of the body.

I weighed myself first thing this am and can happily report a loss of 4.4 pounds since I started the de-tox on Monday. I've not really felt much difference in myself, but there again I would have been shocked to what with not feeling to chipper for the last couple of days. Hopefully whatever it is will be gone tomorrow. It will be great to start feeling the detox benefits!

I thought I'd give a few health facts about the fruit and veg that are been used in the juice drinks, it's amazing what we can benefit from by eating some of natures natural wonders of the plant world. Today I'm going to give you some facts about one of the superfoods - Beetroot and some of the great boosts it can give to our bodies.

Beetroot has been shown to reduce high blood pressure - which is a significant factor in Coronary Heart Disease. It contains Betacyanin which helps detox the liver. Having a good effect on the bloodstream it helps the body to eliminate toxins & possibly helping prevent the build up of fatty deposits and help reduce the risks of Cholesterol.

Beetroot is loaded with Vitamin C and Iron and the leaves are a better source of iron than spinach! Also a good source of Folic Acid, Phosphorous, Magnesium and B6. It contains the compound Betane, which enhances the body's natural mood shifter Seretonin, so is a natural mood lifter. Betane is also useful fir our Cardio health.

It's great for boosting our stamina and making our muscles work harder. It also contains the mineral Silica, this helps the body utilise Calcium, which is important for musculo- skeletal health and reducing the risk of Osteoporosis. Beetroot contains soluble fibre, which has been shown to have cholesterol lowering capabilities. It also contains carotenoids  and flavonoids, which help prevent LDL or "bad" cholesterol from been oxidised  and deposited in the arteries.

Beetroot is virtually fat free and low in calories. It converts into sugars very slowly and therefore helps to stabilise blood sugar levels. It's iron content means it's good for those suffering with Anaemia and fatigue.

So yes definitely worth having beetroot in your diet, so much to gain from it all around the body. So here's my first food fact done, tomorrow I'll give you some information on another one I'm using in my juice detox.

Until tomorrow
Tracy














No comments:

Post a Comment