Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Sunday 27 May 2012

Less than a week until the Yorkshire 3 Peak sponsored challenge!

Hello everyone
I hope you have all been enjoying this fabulous weather this weekend! Well here we are with less than a week until the 3 Peak Challenge. For most this weekend was the last chance to go get some serious training in, good luck to everyone who is going to be taking part next Saturday! I very much look forward to enjoying a post peak pint in the Station Inn at Ribblehead Viaduct. Here's another look at what we will be taking on and succeeding against next Saturday.



I hope you have checked the kit list and have started getting your gear together. I'm not sure which way round we will be tackling the 3 peaks, but feel rest assured we are in more than capable hands with our trek company Lost Earth Adventures. We will have our mountain guides with us, a ratio of 10:1 and a support vehicle if needed too.

So we are meeting at the Station Inn pub at 07.00 am for a breakfast buttie and a hot drink before we set off on our epic endurance walk of the 3 Peaks! So here we have Ingleborough, Pen-y-ghent and Whernside. A challenge worthy of our intrepid War on Cancer walkers in aid of Walk the Walk breast cancer and Clic Sargent children's cancer, I am so very proud of you all for positively and actively  accepting this challenge I put out there to raise money and awareness of two very worthy charities, and I look forward to the 12 hours of walking with you all.



So good luck with any last minute preparations you are going to do, myself, I plan to get in the gym everyday except Friday and then I will give it my everything on Saturday June 2nd.....on this War on Cancer's first annual 3 Peak challenge! On wards and upwards good folks!  Hopefully some of you will love it that much,( or you'll have forgotten about the pain ) you'll be back to do it again in 2013.

Until next time

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment