Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Less than four weeks to go!

Hello everyone

Hope you are all well and enjoying your week. Wow we have less than four weeks to go until War on Cancer's first annual Yorkshire 3 Peak challenge! - have you been sensible training regularly over the last few months? or are you just hoping to get through the day?...whichever one you've done...I wish you all the best on this tough but World famous trek - we will be walking just shy of a marathon and our target is around 12 hours. Thank you www.lostearthadventures.co.uk for guiding us safely on our 3 peak trek. Check out their website....they host all kinds of fun adventurous things...you may want to participate in one of them.

If any of your friends are still wanting to do it, there are a few places left. I look forward to enjoying a drink afterwards toasting our success at completing the challenge. Remember if you cannot do the challenge, but wish to show your support for everyone taking on the challenge in aid of War on Cancer's two chosen charities for 2012 - Walk the Walk breast cancer and Clic Sargent children's cancer charities, then please go press the donate button here on the blog....it links directly to Paypal and is a safe secure way to transfer money over the internet.

Here's my picture of the day....I posted this yesterday on Facebook, have a look and think back to the last time you saw the Bluebells out....life and work run at about a million miles an hour these days and it's easy to let the little things that give pleasure in our lives pass us by. There are things that may happen in your life that make you take stock of what's important, or what you've been missing while every day life pushes you from day to day. Don't wait to be told something bad like a life threatening illness, or the loss of a loved one to make you realise there's more to life than work,work,work.....try lift your head now and then, take a step back and relax taking in the simple pleasures of life. Try to remove the negative aspects of your life....live as positively as possible, you will love the life you then have.


I took this picture in the woods by my house, Bluebells are one of my favourite flowers, I love to see them blanket the ground, while all around them new shoots are coming up, the ferns, the new leaves on the tree's such vivid greens! I love nature and I'm lucky because I get to go out there daily. You can see something beautiful where ever you are. Stop take five and look around you!

I have been having a swell time reconnecting with old friends from school....I am talking friends like Coleen from Primary school, we were four years old when we started school! I remember Coleen was the oldest in our year because of her birthday being in Sept, all these years later and I remember that - a miracle with me, after all my nickname for years has been Jelly or Jellyhead!...I think nothing else has to be said :) ...I love it, and I am in awe of her memory. We went onto the same middle school too, it's really strange, we chat a bit and it doesn't feel strange, it doesn't feel that we are reconnecting decades later. It almost feels like I've been transported back in time...weird, but fantastic all the same.Friends like Maggie, Wendy, Ian, Mark, Barrie, Bryan......oh what great kids we were - then we were scattered like seeds apon the wind all over to different grammar schools, this is when we all lost touch, so it's fantastic talking as adults and laughing at the stuff we got upto as kids....I thank you all for coming back into my life and making me laugh!!...this side of social networking I love very much.

It's really strange, but now I'm back in touch, I've realised how much I have missed these people being in my life.....I am very grateful for this chance to catch up with everyone, and who knows meet in the flesh again, let's be honest the fashions can't be as bad as our class photo from 1979!! A reunion as Coleen suggested would be great fun.

So all of us can have changes come apon us quickly....most are very positive and lift our spirits and hearts. Those that are more negative need dealing with quickly and then discarding, move onto better things that keep us uplifted.

For those who cannot make the Curry n cocktail charity event on May 19th.... I will have a drink or three on your behalf....lets hope it doesn't end up with me as drunk as a skunk!!

Until next time

Tracy





No comments:

Post a Comment