Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilamanjiro

Mount Kilimanjaro Challenge

Saturday 27 August 2011

3 legged fancy dress pub crawl success

Well what a wonderful time we all had on the pub crawl!...it was great fun and everyone in Bingley joined in with the fun when we were in the pubs :)

We to date have raised a massive £425.00! there is still some sponsor money to come in...a really big thank you to everyone who got sponsors :) There is a really good chance we will break through £1000.00 raised from our first two fundraising events, a really good result. We are currently at £861.00 :)

War on Cancer wants to thank not only the teams but everyone who has sponsored or donated on the night! I'm having problems loading all the photos today, but will keep trying to get them up for you all to see! Damien is going to change how the photos look in the gallery, so hopefully you will like the new and improved gallery in a few days :). I have changed from Flickr to Picasa for loading as I can do it in an album instead of a set. Anyway we will see if it is better.

I'm sure as you will see, there were some cracking costumes! we certainly entertained everyone in the pubs,there was lots of laughing going on... we sure had fun!

A big thank you to all the pubs who donated bottles of wine to the raffle and to the Brown Cow who donated a meal for two. The winning raffle tickets have been picked out and the numbers will be posted in the pubs, so keep your eye out if you bought tickets!

It was a really nice surprise for me to see my eldest brother Graham turn up and my niece Kelly who came over from Hull and my nephew Dean who came over from Manchester :) was great to see Kevin,Paul and Joel after such a long time too :)

I have two announcements...one happy and one sad...Kirsty my sister-in-law has had to back out of climbing Mt.Kilimanjaro for personal reasons, but I know she will be there in spirit with us :) and the good news is that my niece Kelly has said she really wants to climb with us :)

I was even asked on the pub crawl if we are going to organize another on the build up to xmas!...not sure about that one, will have to have a think!

I will be sorting out for us to have a fundraising meeting in the next week or two...we are looking into doing a charity car wash and possibly a treasure hunt before it gets too cold.

More details about the Ladies only event to be held in the Ferrands Arms in October to follow soon...start saving ladies..you could be picking up some bargains for yourselves!!!....we all know a girl deserves to pamper herself a little :) Not to mention a little tipple or two :)

Right I'm back over to the gallery to try yet again with the photos!

Well done everyone for helping raise money and more importantly cancer awareness, I cannot put into words how much I appreciate you all giving your time and money for a cause that is really close to my heart :)

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment